Pages

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. ~ Alfred Austin

Sunday 13 September 2015

Sunday morning bush walk


This morning after I finished work I called in at Mum and Dad's place to see if Mum wanted to go for a walk through the bush up the top end of their road. We rugged up as the wind was blowing strongly and set off with our cameras hoping to find some wildflowers out in flower. We spent a good hour and a half walking and taking photos, all up I took a couple of hundred! We had sun and at times the clouds would come over and it looked like rain but it held off. It was quite tricky at times trying to capture some of the flowers as the wind was blowing like crazy and waving the plants all about.



















It was a very enjoyable morning walk through the bush with nothing but the sound of the birds and the wind on our face. I was hoping to get some photos of the birds we could hear but I think because it was so windy they were staying as protected as possible high up in the trees. I think that's something I need to do a bit more often. Being out in nature is great for de-stressing.

This afternoon I have spent more time out in the garden weeding around the fruit trees. Trying to do a bit each day and I will get there. My plan is to get them weeded and then I can fertilise and mulch them, something that hasn't happened the last couple of years. Now for hopefully a relaxing Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting The Birds In The Bush, I love reading your comments.