Pages

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. ~ Alfred Austin

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Around the garden


Spring has sprung! And with that the garden has come to life. The weeds have gone berserk and I just don't seem to be able to keep on top of them. So today I ignored the weeds and took a few photos of what is flowering in the garden at the moment.






Hmmm, noticing that most of the flowers in the garden are purple. There is lots of yellow too, but I chose not to take photos of those as that would show just how many weeds there are :-(

Blueberries! Yum, can't wait until our blueberries are ripe and ready to eat.

The mulberries haven't even been making it inside, we just stand out under the tree each day and savour these beauties.

The tray on the left has two different varieties of tomatoes which the photo doesn't really show very well. There is a lot more tomatoes that have germinated than what you can see. The tray on the right has bush beans of which there is only about eight that have come up. Next to them is watermelon which six have germinated, next to them is cucumbers of which none have come up so far and lastly is basil. I have also put corn in and so far only two have germinated out of about thirty seeds I put in. I am really hoping with the weather warming up over the next few days that some more of the seeds will come up.

The vege garden is pretty bare at the moment, most of the winter crops have been pulled out and the only things we are eating at the moment are kale and a few beetroot along with some herbs.

It's been so long since I was last here I had to really stop and think about how to get back into my blog and how to do a post! Towards the end of June I could see things deteriorating with my elderly neighbour who I was spending so much time in next door helping her where I could, that when she passed away in early July I felt lost for awhile. We had been neighbours for over eight years and in the last couple of years in particular she had come to rely heavily on me. Between saying goodbye and spending way too much time on Instagram I seem to have neglected my blog. Looking forward to spending more time here once more. I really have missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting The Birds In The Bush, I love reading your comments.