Pages

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. ~ Alfred Austin

Tuesday 20 May 2014

A Grey And Drizzly Day


On the drive home from work at lunch time today

It's not very often I make dessert, but last night I did some baked apples.
Awhile back I saw Christine from Slow Living Essentials had cooked
them in her wood fired oven. Unfortunately I don't have a wood fired
oven, so just my regular oven had to do. Although the picture doesn't
look very appetising, they were delicious!

With the start of winter just under two weeks away and the mornings cooler
I decided it was time to start eating porridge again.
This morning's featured chia seeds, stewed apple and pear,
cinnamon and organic honey - yum! It filled me up until lunch time too!

We have had a visitor today, Shorty came to keep BJ company while Mum and Dad
are in the city. Not sure why he is flat out asleep in front of the fire, when I haven't
even lit the fire yet. Maybe he is telling me it is time I did.



I posted a picture of the Gerbera bud the other day
and this is it out in flower!!



The first photo was taken around lunch time when it was fine misty rain, but the sky is much darker out there now and the rain is steady and the temperature has dropped. Think it is time to light the fire and get the house all cosy. Hopefully this rain keeps up we badly need it. I love going to bed and listening to the rain on the tin roof. It's a wonderful sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting The Birds In The Bush, I love reading your comments.