Pages

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. ~ Alfred Austin

Thursday 27 February 2014

The Bee's Knees








The bee's knees
Meaning - excellent - the highest quality.

Not sure where my fascination with taking photos of bees has come from, but I can spend an inordinate amount of time out in the garden, camera in hand snapping away at the bees! You hear about the plight of the honeybee and how viruses are attacking and killing off many bee populations and what drastic things that can mean for the future. I think that is why I am so happy when I see so many bees in our garden. Today it was the chive flowers they were all over, but no matter what time of day I go out there, I am virtually guaranteed of seeing numerous bees, and that makes me very happy!

This photo has nothing to do with bees, but I just thought I would add it in. We have a gum tree that at the moment is shedding copious amounts of bark. I am forever picking it up in the backyard and not really taking much notice of it. Yesterday afternoon I was sitting outside for five minutes and this piece of bark was at my feet. I picked it up and for the first time looked really closely at it. I was amazed at what I saw. It's funny how when you really look closely at something you notice all the tiny detail. I couldn't get over the wrinkles and that you could actually see the wood grain in the bark. This piece of bark is paper thin and yet the detail is truly amazing. I just wish in the photo above the detail showed better than what it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting The Birds In The Bush, I love reading your comments.