Pages

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. ~ Alfred Austin

Friday 28 June 2013

Sunshine In a Bottle










The Jonquils are flowering in my garden! Yesterday was a glorious sunny day, lots of blue, blue sky and a few wispy white clouds. The jonquils were like pure sunshine in the garden, gently nodding in the breeze. It felt so much more like spring than almost mid-winter.

 So I picked a few blooms

And put them in a bottle.
A bottle we found buried in the chooks yard last weekend
when Daniel and I were planting the new plum trees.
I wonder what the bottle originally contained?
I wonder how many years the bottle has been buried?
Looks like it could do with a bit more of a scrub up too.

Sunshine in a bottle!
Perfection.

And jonquil shadows on the path!
Even though the jonquils look so pretty and cheery, they will have to stay
out the back on the patio table, as they really do have quite a pong,
rather than a sweet smelling perfume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting The Birds In The Bush, I love reading your comments.