Pages

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. ~ Alfred Austin

Saturday 22 June 2013

52 Weeks of Happy...36/52






1.  Despite it being winter, I still have have some beautiful roses blooming in my garden...that always makes 
     me happy.

2.   This year has been just glorious with the leaves taking on a real autumn/fall look, with the leaves all 
       turning red, yellow, orange then brown before falling. Such a treat as we don't normally see that around
       here.

3.   My big fat cat Stripes was sunning herself and having a wash on the front steps early yesterday morning
      in the beautiful winter sunshine we had, and I couldn't resist taking a photo of her very cute toes. It truly                          
      was a gorgeous day and made me so happy to be outside enjoying it.

4.   Wandering around the garden with my camera in hand, I was really quite pleasantly surprised by how
       much is actually flowering or fruiting like these crab apples in my winter garden.

Have seen a few of these Weeks of Happy posts on some blogs. After a rough couple of years I find I tend to get so bogged down in what is happening that I forget to appreciate the little things in life. So I thought it would be a good idea to join in with Jen at little birdie. Better late than never to join in.

After two beautiful winter days, we are expecting some rain tomorrow which will be good to help settle in the plants I put in the ground today, so tomorrow is looking like being a day for a few inside jobs to get crossed off the list.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting The Birds In The Bush, I love reading your comments.